Congratulations on your admission to the UMKC School of Law. Please browse this special section of our website dedicated to you to find orientation information, Kansas City highlights, financial reminders and law school programs that will help you ensure success during your three years here. As always, feel free to contact us with questions. We look forward to seeing you!
Preparing for law school
Summer enrichment program
Law school is challenging, but we're committed to your success through our law school strategies program including the summer enrichment program. This summer program aims to de-mystify the keys to success in law school. The program is open to all students and will be held in mid-August (dates TBA).
Professors Nancy Levit and Doug Linder share advice on how to set yourself up for a happy and productive beginning.
To accept the offer of admission, an advance deposit toward educational fees must be paid. The first seat deposit of $250 is due by April 1st and the second seat deposit of $250 is due May 1st. You may pay your seat deposit online here.
Important dates to remember
- March 15: Admitted Students' Day - Invitation (PDF) and Schedule (PDF)
- April 1: First Seat Deposit Due
- May 1: Second Seat Deposit Due
- May 19-23: Mandatory Summer Start Orientation
- May 27th-July 29: Summer Start Classes
- Summer Exams: August 1st and 4th
- Mid August (dates TBA): Summer Enrichment Program
- August 21-22: Mandatory Fall Orientation (Summer Start Students are also required to attend although they will not be required to attend all sessions)