Public Patron Services
It is the primary mission of the Leon E. Bloch Law Library to support the academic and scholarly pursuits of the students and faculty of the UMKC School of Law. The Library also provides access to its legal resources to members of the public who wish to represent themselves. Before you visit the Library for this purpose, please review the information on this page.
Library staff CAN:
- Show you where resources are located within the Library
- Direct you to categories of resources, such as statutes or case digests or form books, and show you how to use them
- Provide basic instruction in the use of the Library’s print resources and those electronic resources that are available to the public
Library staff CANNOT:
- Answer legal questions or give legal advice
- Tell you which form(s) you need
- Tell you what you need to file, or in which court
- Tell you what you need to do to accomplish your legal goal
- Do legal research for you
- Check out library materials to you
Members of the public who visit the library are expected to conduct their own legal research and may not solicit legal advice from law students or other library patrons.