It is the primary mission of the Leon E. Bloch Law Library to support the academic and scholarly pursuits of the students and faculty of the UMKC School of Law. The Library also provides access to its legal resources to members of the public who wish to represent themselves. Before you visit the Library for this purpose, please review the information on this page.
Library staff CAN:
- Show you where resources are located within the Library
- Direct you to categories of resources, such as statutes or case digests or form books, and show you how to use them
- Provide basic instruction in the use of the Library’s print resources and those electronic resources that are available to the public
Library staff CANNOT:
- Answer legal questions or give legal advice
- Tell you which form(s) you need
- Tell you what you need to file, or in which court
- Tell you what you need to do to accomplish your legal goal
- Do legal research for you
- Check out library materials to you
Members of the public who visit the library are expected to conduct their own legal research and may not solicit legal advice from law students or other library patrons.
- Legal Forms
- Missouri Courts
- Kansas Courts
If you plan to represent yourself, you must attend the Litigant Awareness Program (click here for more information).
The Missouri Judiciary and the Missouri Bar provide this website for resources for family law matters in Missouri. In addition to web resources, you might find the following online forms helpful.
- Dissolution of Marriage - Petitioner's Forms Package
- Motion to Modify Child Custody (and Support)
- Motion to Modify Child Support
- Motion for Family Access (Visitation)
- Petition for Child Custody
- Paternity Forms
- Petition for Change of Name (adults only)
Jackson County Circuit Court also provides forms that can be completed online and then printed out for submission to the court. Visit their site for forms relating to child support, small claims and more.
- Affidavit for Termination of Child Support (PDF)
- Motion and Affidavit to Proceed as a Poor Person (PDF)
- Small Claims Petition (PDF)
Limited Guardianship for Educational Purposes
For the Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri Probate Division.
Checklist (60.4 KiB)
PartyInformationSheet (73.0 KiB)
PetitionForGuardianship (37.5 KiB)
Affidavit (34.0 KiB)
ExhibitA (29.5 KiB)
ExhibitC (44.0 KiB)
InforeProposedWard (38.5 KiB)
Consent (31.5 KiB)
SelectionByMinor (30.5 KiB)
- If Parent’s Whereabouts Unknown: Request for Publication & Publication Order;
- Service Letter
The Missouri Bar Association publishes forms for Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care and Health Care Directive, which can ensure that a person’s wishes regarding future health care are met, and can also relieve families from having to make difficult decisions at a time of great stress.
- Rules of Civil Procedure for Circuit Courts
- Rules of Civil Procedure - Appellate Courts
- Rules of Criminal Procedure
- Jackson County Circuit Court
- Court of Appeals, Eastern District
- Court of Appeals, Southern District
- Court of Appeals, Western District