All Missouri courts are bound to follow certain procedural rules and will expect self-represented litigants to operate by those rules as well. All such rules are accessible online. Below are direct links to the most commonly applicable procedural rules:
- Rules of Civil Procedure for Circuit Courts
- Rules of Civil Procedure - Appellate Courts
- Rules of Criminal Procedure
Missouri Courts also publish local rules, which are specific to the individual court. Each court will expect self-represented litigants to operate by its local rules in addition to the procedural rules that are applicable to all courts. Local rules for the Circuit Courts are available online. Below are direct links to the local rules of Jackson County Circuit Court and the Missouri Courts of Appeals.
- Jackson County Circuit Court
- Court of Appeals, Eastern District
- Court of Appeals, Southern District
- Court of Appeals, Western District
Statutes and codes
Missouri law is codified in the form of statutes, regulations and municipal codes and can be accessed online.