If you plan to represent yourself, you must attend the Litigant Awareness Program (click here for more information).
The Missouri Judiciary and the Missouri Bar provide this website for resources for family law matters in Missouri. In addition to web resources, you might find the following online forms helpful.
- Dissolution of Marriage - Petitioner's Forms Package
- Motion to Modify Child Custody (and Support)
- Motion to Modify Child Support
- Motion for Family Access (Visitation)
- Petition for Child Custody
- Paternity Forms
- Petition for Change of Name (adults only)
Jackson County Circuit Court also provides forms that can be completed online and then printed out for submission to the court. Visit their site for forms relating to child support, small claims and more.
- Affidavit for Termination of Child Support (PDF)
- Motion and Affidavit to Proceed as a Poor Person (PDF)
- Small Claims Petition (PDF)
Limited Guardianship for Educational Purposes
For the Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri Probate Division.
- Probate Party Information Sheet (DOC)
- Petition (DOC)
- Affidavit (DOC)
- Exhibit A (DOC)
- Exhibit B (DOC)
- Exhibit C (DOC)
- Info Re: Proposed Ward (DOC)
- Parent(s) Consent (DOC)
- Minor (required if child is 14 or +) Consent (DOC)
2. Service Letter (DOC);
3. Consent/Waiver of Service (DOC).
This federal court publishes a number of forms, including templates for a Civil Complaint, a Title VII Complaint, a Social Security Complaint, and an Application for Leave to File Without Payment.
The Missouri Bar Association publishes forms for Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care and Health Care Directive, which can ensure that a person’s wishes regarding future health care are met, and can also relieve families from having to make difficult decisions at a time of great stress.