- Completion of 91 credit hours, 80 of which must be classroom credits (76 if a J.D./MBA or J.D./MPA student)
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Six semesters in residence carrying not less than 10 classroom credit hours each semester.
- Completion of all required courses.
- Completion of research and writing (R&W) requirement.
- Completion of advanced torts requirement. This requires students to take at least one three-hour course from a designated list of advanced torts courses offerings.
- Completion of the school’s jurisprudential requirement. This requires students to take at least one course from a particular group of jurisprudential elective course offerings.
- Completion of the school’s Professional Skills requirement. This requires students to successfully complete a substantial professional skills certification.
- Regular and punctual class attendance.
First-year required courses
|Fall semester||Credit hours|
|Intro. to Law and Lawyering Processes I||3|
|Winter semester||Credit hours|
|Intro. to Law and Lawyering Processes II||2|
|Civil Procedure I||3|
Flex students must take three of the required courses, including Introduction to Law and Lawyering Processes in their first year. The remaining courses must be completed in the second year of study.
Other required courses
Students must complete the following courses as a condition of graduation:
Required during summer preceding fall of second year
|Civil Procedure II||2|
Required during summer preceding or winter of second year
Required during second or third year
|Criminal Procedure I||3|
|A course that fulfills the school’s jurisprudence requirement||1-3|
|A course that fulfills the professional skills requirement||1-5|
|A course that fulfills the Advanced Torts requirement||2-3|